Skip to main content

Sherlene Stevens: Traditions Are Changing

Eastern Season Topic. Due to the decline of American white civilization and international traditions, our holiday- and social-shopping traditions are changing. There is still a demand for chocolate-item products so much so that we may not have enough for the demand in coming years. Though you would never know when you visit most large retail or grocer chain--shelves filled with unused products after a holiday tradition. Easter-egg activities are still trending in most American cultures. Don't forget to have that one special egg, otherwise known as "the golden egg!"

For a more serious discussion of a topic that I have been wanting to share for a while. I thought it would be highly appropriate to share during the eastern season. I know, I know, there are a lot of American citizens who consider themselves no longer doing the religious practices and traditions anymore. I realize that maybe one of those citizens may be you. It wouldn't be strange for the majority of my audience family to be labeled as non-church or un-church household. Alright, ok, I admit it's just a little gossip [forgive me Lord]--Did you know that there are actually people who are becoming priests that know that they haven't been called, AND! they don't even consider themselves to be called. You know haven't been called. Like HELLO, this is Jesus--I want you to be a religious leader of my church's vision--calling. Doesn't the Holy Bible discuss this topic? with an overview verse that says, in modern-day language, that faith-believers or members can not hear his words, for today's continents, without a "real" preacher?

 I'm so jealous. [smiles] Guess what else?! Currently, large denominations are so in need of religious leaders that they don't even c-a-r-e.  By the way, there are over 45,000 different denominations, globally. (Source: author unknown, 2017). Anyway, so like I said, the denominations are so in need that they just hire ANY BODY! They just hire, and give ministry buildings (church building) to them to oversee. Some of these non-called, but education-trained priests are, also, given other benefits or perks such as a church-house to stay during their tenure. Talk about OMG!!!