Skip to main content

Sherlene Stevens: Presidential Televised Debates

Just a few questions that I have after last night's debate between Clinton and Trump --Wondering if any one else has the following questions.

  1. Why are the debates aired at 9 p.m., instead of  7 p.m. or 8 p.m.? Don't they realize working people are tired at that time of night?
  2. Did you watch it again, today, on CSPAN?
  3. Why was Clinton dressed in all red?  Does anyone remember that First Lady Obama wore red, I believe, on election night. I thought wearing red is the symbol of a candidate of the Republican party.
  4. Will we ever see Clinton in a dress again? Or is wearing pant suits the current trend for professional women?
  5. Why were the candidates only asked questions that the American citizens had already heard their responses via earlier media and press? I believe I would have been disgusted to have secluded myself--away from my usual surroundings--to study probably for hours upon hours just to be asked the same questions over again. Well, they are probably now more knowledgeable of current headlines and topics to discuss with us. (Lol)
  6. In my opinion, I thought Clinton handled the race question more appropriately given her decades of experiences.  And Trump, handled the administrative questions.  So which discussion makes a presidential leader more productive in doing their job? Race empathy and appreciation? Or administrative tasks such as budgeting and cutting the debt, and supervising departments more effectively so that all races and socio-economic statuses will have equal attention? Just asking.
  7. At the end of the debate, why didn't we see the cameraperson focused on Trump and his family shaking hands with the audience? Do you think that they did?
  8. By asking these question, do you believe I am just jealous of the debate that happened? [As you may know, I want to be your next president--Write-In Candidate.] Uhhmmm, how many days did they say are left to persuade you, the American citizens, that (I really think) I would be a better choice as your next president of our great country?