Skip to main content

Sherlene Stevens: Receiving is Prosperity

Continuing on the discussion of my hosted theme of December Family Holiday Traditions, did your home style take part in acknowledging the Feast of the Epiphany (Jan. 6th)? The Epiphany is a faith-based celebration of the travels of the three kings, who received godly wisdom of the announcement of Jesus's birth. They traveled, from great distances, to present their finest gifts to a baby--their king, our king, and the king of all kings. The king of all rulers and leaders (past, current, and future) within the earth realm.

As a prosperity non-ordained clergy, you will often hear or read my phrase
                               "You must receive in order to give."
It took a lot of challenges for me to understand this concept or thought. It was only until I read a similar passage in detailed story form, within the Holy Bible, that I received true meaning of my own unique dysfunction. I finally grasped the understanding! I truly believe that I received the actions of what's labeled godly wisdom. Otherwise, my Bible study time would have meant nothing of value to what I was experiencing. I had knowledge to understand that my activity history of giving had declined to the point of thinking it was of total dysfunction; thoughts that I would never be able to give a blessing to another ever again because of the negativity of lacking financially because of others' dysfunctions and habits. I couldn't tell them that they were wrong in their doing even if  I used all all of my known ambitions. That's what I did; that's my dysfunction that I must take credit for in such life experiences.

I couldn't understand of why my forward-thinking approach wasn't working lately..Finally, I was able to understand my own personal and sincere actions of wanting to give productive blessings to others: If one hasn't first received, how can one give of one's time, talents, or blessings (aka wealth)?

I'll give you an example--A homeless person has finally achieved having a consistent home style, after struggling and trying for a great amount of unproductive lengths of time.Such wealth, in a given category, doesn't mean that the realization is that the individual will never need of anything again. I, personally, believe after you have been receiving (blessing) and receiving and receiving (in a given category) from others that you simply just want to give something back to another who may be lacking. How to give? What to give? is easy. "Who to give to" is the ultimate challenge that many people do not have the knowlege to fully understand of such actions our humanly actions. Have you ever seen or heard of people winning something or been given something to discover that their habits cause them to not be fully satisfied, or fully accepting of their wealth? Some would even go so far in expressing that they would like to be in that person's shoes? Never, never, wish to be in another's shoes (remember you never know what happens behind closed home style doors).

A receiver must have knowledge of giving away their wealth. The homeless person  who gives wealth to another may be thinking that they know how their receiver is feeling because they have gone through a similar experience. Without thinking of all concepts of giving, one could be giving to someone who has had a generational dysfunction of lacking (in a category)--no matter how discipline the person is, how educated the person is, or how physically healthy the person is. ... There are people, in this country, that simply can not be consistent in their daily or short term/long term lifestyle goals and aspirations.

Or can they overcome with advice and actions from another? By individuals who give--help--like the three wise kings who came not truly from their own desires to baby Jesus, but individuals who were led and instructed by the Holy Trinity of God  Notice how it wasn't just one individual. It was two or three who had gathered in the name of the Holy Trinity of God.