Skip to main content

Real Talk about Parental Love

From the Editor
It's Pancake Day, have a blessed Shrove Tuesday!  Announcement: Derek Duba, a White male, is looking for his birth parents. He was born July 19, 1983 @ 9:52 p.m. at Victory Memorial Hospital in Waukegan, IL. Fortunately, he was adopted on July 25, 1983. He may be reached at saraduba@rocketmail.com

The NewMonday Show
Last night we discussed the completion of family land divisions. Why do you believe that God (Yahweh, Allah) felt it was important to record such information? I believe because God wanted the later generations to know that he had kept his promises: New faith believing families need new lands. sherleneonline.org 24/7

Let's talk REAL TALK ABOUT PARENTAL LOVE
Valentine's Day is approaching. Current national polls indicate that most American unique households have single parents. So, that means that there will probably be many single parents on this special day. I would like to share a poem about being a mother or a "Big Cuda (smile, just another name for a 'real' mom)" and a Dad. Just because you are single, divorced, etc. does not mean that you cannot home school, or be there for your children. Co-parenting is important and is so valued by your children. They will remember...

Before I Was a Mom
Source: Author Unknown
I made and ate hot meals. I had unstained clothing. I had quiet conversations on the phone.
I slept as late as I wanted and never worried about how late I got into bed.
I brushed my hair and my teeth everyday. I cleaned my house each day.
I never tripped over toys or forgot words to lullabies.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.
 I had never been puked on. Pooped on. Spit on. Chewed on. Peed on.
Or pinched by tiny fingers. I had complete control of my thoughts. My body. And my mind. I slept all night.
I never held down a screaming child so that doctors could do tests or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried. I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.
I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put it down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.
Before I was a Mom
I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know that bond between a Mother and her child.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.
I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.
 I had never known the warmth. The joy. The love.The heartache. The wonderment.
Or the satisfaction of being a Mom. I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom!

To My Dad
Source: 9/11 Penguin Books (2011), The Legacy Letters by Tuesday's Children
Dad,
Could you answer some of the questions I'll never get to ask? I'm graduating in June. Will you clap for me?
I'm looking at colleges-which one should I pick? I passed my black belt test like I promised. Were you watching? Did you see me spar at nationals? I passed my driver's test--isn't that scary? Do you remember what I wanted to be when I was little? Have you seen my drawings? Haven't they come a long way from my stick figures? Do you think I've made good friends? I'm playing volleyball and I play setter. That's what you played, right? I finally found the waterfall we used to hike to--remember that? Would you go hiking with me? I still can't spell--would you quiz me? I've read almost all the books you have. Did you like them as much as I did? I stopped going to church. Does it matter? When you get this, will you write back? I saw Quest for Camelot again. Isn't it the greatest movie ever? Do you remember the beach? Could you teach me how to build sand castles? Do you miss me as much as I miss you? Will you be at my wedding? Do you miss going out to breakfast? Hey Dad, why's the sky blue? I've forgotten. What's your favorite color? Most of all I wanted to ask, am I still your little girl?
Forever, Lauren
TV Special, tonight: State of the Union Address by our 2nd-term President