Skip to main content

Old-Fashioned Care of Female Togetherness

From the Editor
For the month of May, I will be hosting Honoring All Women Month.  It is a time when I discuss specific topics targeted to women. I so enjoy the opportunity, and bonding time that we share during this hosted event. There is nothing like sisters getting together in a room to just chit chat.  This year's theme is "Ladies, young and old, come into the kitchen." As your family bonding consultant, it would be unfair of me to host my shows or even to write articles, books, etc.  focusing only on one gender. If there were no male and female relationships, how did all these little people get on this earth? I am a fourth generational, black, American citizen whose family holds a lot of history of being a part of this wonderful continent of North America.  When I created my company brand, in my home state of Maryland, I made a promise that all of my show topics and literature would be for both females and males. Although, I no longer live there I am proud to say that I am keeping my promise. Men, you will be honored during the month of June.

The New Monday Show
Last night's show segment was dedicated to all women.  It was a challenge, but I made it. As a woman, just like you, I know that women have unique burdens. Men are just not able to understand and we shouldn't really expect them to, ladies.  God (Allah, Yahweh) made us the genders that we are for a reason, do you agree? If not, I may not be the company brand to follow. I appreciate my female features, and I try to take care of God's earthly vessel as much as possible. Ladies, in my opinion, we must receive education in order to know how to take care of ourselves and our families.  We can not always rely on human education if you know what I mean. If you don't understand what I mean I welcome you to listen to any of my radio broadcasts to understand my point 24/7 on BlogTalkRadio, sherleneonline.org

Let's talk Old-Fashioned Care of Female Togetherness
Ladies who remembers jumping rope? I am going to post a few jump rope chants for you all to enjoy, and share with younger generations.  Grandmas, I am counting on you to share some rich knowledge to us younger generations during this month. Don't be ashamed or afraid to have a one-on-one chat with a younger sister than yourself.  Yes, white sisters you are included too :) No sister is ever excluded from sharing advice that will help to uplift and inspire each other at this company brand.  No put downs welcome or will be accepted or tolerated. Hint: It's all in how you say it, your tone. I am learning, I have a 17-year-old who loves trying her independence... Its been time for more of helping each other, and less time in jealousy and telling on one another, whether true or not. If you know a single woman who works hard rearing her children and you sitting home every day then what should you be doing? That is the old-fashioned way of taking care of each other. A lot of you new moms may not understand, but you better learn and learn quickly if you ever want to succeed in getting your immediate families out of generational burdens (in my southern straight talk style self). Let's move forward...

Women in the Work Place Facts
16.1% held boards seats in 2011 which is a 1.6% gain from 2010. In general words, 1 in 10 companies had women serving on boards. We dropped .3% in executive officer positions (top management/leaders).
Source: Sonia Alleyne, (Feb. 2012). blackenterprise.com

Thank you for reading this week's edition,
-Sherlene, Your Family Bonding Consultant
Helping People. Helping Families.