Skip to main content

The United Methodist Church: Pastoral Leadership

From the Editor
Thanks, to all that wished me a Happy Mother's Day.  I was surprised of the number of viewers who also wished single males, rearing their children, a happy day. We as a society must learn to accept, honor, and appreciate our specific genders.  This behavior is another example of old traditions of family dysfunction, "we don't know any better." Yes, you do. You know that it is a dysfunction to have someone rearing children than their own parents whether it be grandmothers, aunts, uncles, single dads, etc. If we are trying to change a generational curse than we need to understand that this was a day to honor all mothers, not grandmothers. A daughter should have honored her mother which would be her children's grandmother. This is a major reason children become confused in regards to adult roles in their lives. I know it is challenging in some communities where it just seems normal to have dysfunctional households, as if back in the day dysfunction earned communities some rewards out of it. Just remember we are trying to get it right. This point is for those who have never seen a normal family structure. Just because you have never experienced it doesn't mean that you can't get it right for your children, your grandchildren, your great-grandchildren, etc.

The New Monday Show
Praise and worship was the topic of discussion.  I reviewed some of the featured selections while discussing the Book of Numbers (Holy Bible). If you have an opportunity please take a moment to get your praise on or your break through, available 24/7 @ sherleneonline.org

Let's talk The United Methodist Church: Pastoral Leadership
Do you like my acting pastorship campaign tag line or motto? I KNOW. I CARE. I WANT TO BE YOUR ACTING PASTOR. For those of you just catching up I have nominated myself to be the acting pastor of 7 black churches in the Kent County, MD community due to the majority of United Methodist members being on fixed income.  The seven U.M. churches are Rock Hall, Georgetown, Fairlee, Melitota, Worton Point, Colemans, and Big Woods. I reside only 40 minutes away from my hometown. The church members can't afford a pastor, and two pastors will be resigning as of June 2, 2012. So I am willing to do it for free, or on a free-will donation basis only until they can afford to pay an appointed pastor. It's that time of year again when communities are asked to help out to persuade the vote :) Vote for me. Oddly, it seems like these churches always have this issue right around voting time for the presidential election. Ladies, it isn't very fun having a male pastor in and out of the congregations every two - five years as it has been since the late 70s. What are we teaching males within our unique households? You don't have to stay around long....

I have been an active and faithful member of the United Methodist denomination of the Easton, MD district since I was born. No, I am not a missionary that roams from place to place. I desire to be an active member of one church location unless the Lord, members, and Rev. Gary Moore (District Superintendent) decide to accept my offer of me leading all 7 churches. As many of you know I have been very involved in helping Aaron Chapel with their financial woes. I am willing to give some of the proceeds from my book to help with their remodeling phase of helping their immediate community. You see, it was just a few years ago we didn't know if the church would remain open due to major repairs that were needed. The church doors were closed for many months. So, as an attending member, I know the experience of not having a consistent place to attend fellowship. I have experienced church doors closing right in front of my face at other U.M. churches as well.

If I receive this position (acting pastor), my goal is to improve the Kent County, Maryland community by reducing the behaviors which has caused soo many family generational curses in the land. My strategy is to lead families who want consistent leadership. I am a black, female who is God fearing, whose always helped families with children in the community. Vote for me by calling the Eastern United Methodist office at 100 Peachblossom Road, Suite 8, Easton, MD 21601 or phone (410) 770-9673. Or, if you know a member of these particular churches just kindly suggest my name. Let's continue to pray for members at these 7 unique community churches that their eyes and ears will be open to new truth and vision for their lives.

ttt